I have been following the issue of what should happen at the  Bluff Street
Park and have talked to many folks who would like to see this  site improved as
a natural area.
I have also spoken to Commissioners and staff about future  plans for this
site.

 Generally, It seems like there is a lack of respect for  the good work that
has been done by residents, the Design center and  volunteer consultants.
I have seen the plans, like them, and do not support the  sale of this
property. With the potential of increased density in this area, it  is even
more
important that this land be preserved as green  space.
The bluff really enhances the river road and is important to  the ecological
preservation of the one true gorge on the entire length of the  Mississippi.

I hope at the Sept. 7 open time at the MPRB meeting that the  Park Board will
welcome the efforts of those that have worked hard to plan for  some modest
improvements to this valuable land and clarify future planning and  planning
processes so that interested citizens are not shut out of the  process.

Thanks,
Scott Vreeland      Seward