Hi Dave,
I have done something similar, but not to this extent.
This is a great application for Access Basic of which I don't know very
much, so I used querys instead.

For each "group/range" of data I counted I had a separate query and
eventually I linked all the query results via a common key value = 1.
To explain this a bit better.
The first query would count OpsTime >= 7:00 and <= 07:59 and the output from
this query was in the format
Field 1      Field 2       = Qry01
Expr:=1    OpsTime
                Count
                Criteria >=  07:00 and <= 07:59

The next query would count OpsTime >= 8:00 and <= 08:59 and the output from
this query was in the format
Field 1      Field 2       = Qry02
Expr:=1    OpsTime
                Count
                Criteria >= 08:00 and <= 08:59

etc for the 24 hours.

Sorry I'm not giving you the correct syntax here. I'm just passing on the
concept.
At the end you have a Qry in which you select all these interim queries and
link them via the common Field 1 which equals 1 and this will result in one
line of data of 25 fields; ie
Flield 1  Qry01.Field2   Qry02.Field2 ......... Qry24.Field2

I am not sure, but I believe that when this runs the querys are "nested".
There may be an ACCESS  limitation on the number of querys you can string
together like this. If you decide to go ahead with this method try 2 or 3
querys first and combine their results into one line of data, before you go
ahead and develop the 24 querys only to find out that they don't work.

I use ACCESS 97 and if you want more help on this, perhaps you can contact
me privately.

Ilona Wright
Adelaide, Australia