WEB/DB Application Programmer for national cable service company

*** Please send all replies and resumes to j...@okacs.com ***
****  No recruiters, contractors, or remote workers !!!  ****

Job Description:

About the Company

We are a growing, dynamic, national cable service company headquartered in
Arlington, Texas. At the present time we have operations in 10 states. We are
looking for innovative individuals to develop and maintain customized,
project-critical applications and software.
We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards
performance.  You'll work side-by-side with people you can trust and respect.
We offer on-the-job training and development, excellent company benefits, an
innovative and creative team, and a casual business atmosphere.

About the Opportunity

Our WEB/DB Application Programmers work in a close-knit team environment to
design, create, support and troubleshoot in-house custom ASP and ASP.NET web
applications and reports for our SQL and MS Access backend databases.

Qualifications

Required
•       Articulates ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings,
adjusting the message to match the audience.
•       Is team-oriented and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
•       SQL Server 2005.
•       SSIS and SSRS.
•       SQL Queries.
•       MS Access 2002 – 2007.
•       Proficient in ASP, ASP.NET, VBScript, JavaScript VBA, VB.NET, HTML, and
AJAX.

Preferred
•       Basic skills for installing, troubleshooting and configuring PC
Hardware and Software.
•       Understanding of TCP/IP configuration, subnetting and routing.
•       Understanding of SOHO routers and VPN configurations.
•       Prior experience with Versioning (preferably SubVersion).
•       Prior experience with Active Directory.
•       Associates degree, Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.

Benefits

We offer unlimited full benefits including dental insurance, medical insurance,
disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, a vision-care
plan, casual dress, paid company holidays, free parking, and paid time off.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workforce diversity.
M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
disability, or national origin. Applicants encouraged to confidentially
self-identify when applying. Employment contingent upon successful completion
of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. No recruiters or
agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles
closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. Relocation
costs not covered by employer. Must be eligible to work in this country. No
phone calls please.

*** Please send all replies and resumes to j...@okacs.com ***
****  No recruiters, contractors, or remote workers !!!  ****

Please provide us with the following information to help evaluate your
candidacy:

        A copy of your resume.

        Are you legally eligible for employment in the USA without requiring
Visa sponsorship?

        This is a full-time, on-site, salaried position.  Remote work or
Contract workers will not be accepted. Is this what you are looking for?

        The salary history for your last 3 positions held  (per year)

        Your current salary requirements  (per year)

        If you currently support any websites, please list them, along with
your % of involvement in its development & support.

        How many years of experience do you have as a web developer?

        How many years of experience do you have as a database developer?

        Please indicate your level of ability to effectively communicate in
both a written and oral manner.

        Please indicate your level of skill debugging applications and
programs.

        Please indicate your level of experience with writing SQL queries

        Please indicate your level of experience with SQL server installation
and administration

        Please indicate your level of experience with MS Access database design

        Please indicate your level of experience programming in classic ASP

        Please indicate your level of experience programming in

        Please indicate your level of experience programming in JavaScript

        Please indicate your level of experience programming in AJAX

        Please indicate your level of experience with TCP/IP subnetting and
routing

        Please indicate your level of experience with Active Directory

        If you are not local to the Arlington TX area, would you be willing to
relocate?

        The budgeted salary for this position is 40k/year. Does this fall
within your salary requirements range?

        Please offer any additional information, including any additional
applications experience or URLs of your previous work that you feel is
important for a potential employer to know about you.

*** Please send all replies and resumes to j...@okacs.com ***
****  No recruiters, contractors, or remote workers !!!  ****

-
Peter Groman