>> "Opera Mail is the best NNTP client "for LINUX, IMHO :)
>
> Marketing blurb. Reasons?

Not marketing - me tried all possible NNTP/Mail clients for LINUX (incl
Sylpheed).
The Opera's one doesn't degrade as long its local message database grows.
Possible because its mail storage is SQLite3-based.

With Sylpheed, me also had troubles with packaging & viewing attachments
in other clients.
Martin is aware of that since me had been mocking at him with Sylpheed for
a couple of months :)