Hi

The true problem is the artifacts when using EXA acceleration. I'm not
going to use VESA son I didn't want to waste time investigating why it
detected and dropped the true monitor resolution and fall to 1024x768. As I
said it was probably because no xorg.con supplied and this will be fixes
setting the proper modeline in xorg.conf. This was a try when using
nouveau.modeset=0 to avoid KMS. For some ATI cards, when you use
radeon.modeset=0 it drops EXA and uses XAA and all is fine. You have MSEide
working and your radeon card uses hardware acceleration.

To make NOUVEAU working, you have to drop HW acceleration for the moment.
If you are lucky and your nvidia card is working fine with nvidia
propietary drivers.. then you can use it. From my experience some nvidia
cards + propietary drivers = nightmare.

The bug has been reported, only left to wait :)

Thanks.

--
Julio Jiménez Borreguero