My knowledge in this matter is low so just ignore me if I am saying something stupid.

Can future unit contains a class variable e.g.

Unit Strings;
Type
  TStrings=class;
 TStringsClass = class of TStrings;

var
  DefaultStringsClass : TStringsClass = TStrings;

In user's project code:

Program HellowWorld;

begin
  Strings.DefaultClass := TUTFStrings;

//in all MSE units, all TStrings instances are created using DefaultClass.Create;
 //that way, the users' desired TStrings Class will be created.

//if some TStrings are created in the initialization section, perhaps, the user can put his own unit as the first unit in the program. In that unit, he can specify the DefaultStringsClass.

end;