Hallo Michael,

Du schriebst am Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:29:01 +0100:

> On 11/19/2013 09:31 PM, Sieghard wrote:
> > C doesn't really _have_ enumerated _types_.
> the compiler seems to think differently as he happily compiles:
>
> typedef enum claimUsage_e { LTE_CLAIM_SEM_MGT,
> LTE_CLAIM_SEM_BASE,
> LTE_VT_MGT,
> LTE_VT_BASE } LTE_claimUsage_e;

Yes, that's exactly what i described:
  define[ing] [] symbolic constants using a syntax looking ephemerally
  similar to an enumeration.

The elements of this "enumeration" are in every respect simple integer
constants in C, compatible to any other integer in the code.
(C even allows assignments of specific values to such "enumeration
elements", burning holes in the sequence.
Yes, I know, this can be handy at times, but only if these identifiers are
used as real integers, not as the values of a specific unique type.)