Hello Martin.

Sadly i have the same result with TmseThread ;-( .

Maybe i ask something impossible.
Running that main-procedure-library from a console fpc application works, the
main-procedure-library is executed and i have still control on the console.

I have try that with a fpGUI application and have the same bad result as mse in
first video.

I can deal with a executable but all my dreams of universal graphical libraries
is falling down.

This what makes me very exited by mse and fpGUI => create library with
graphical result. I have try from Java application running mse/fpGUI
graphical-result libraries and it works. (but i have to agree that i did not
test if Java get the control back to his application after running the main
library procedure).

But, i hope, it is the wrong way to load the main-procedure of the library in
fpc that is guilty...

Fre;D

On Monday 08 December 2014 16:59:55 Fred van Stappen wrote:
> > Hum, what unit do i need for it ?
>
> OK, 😊=> http://msedoc.msegui.org/reference/msethread/index.html

I suggest to check the class definition in msethread.pas.

> Hum, i am extremely curious about the behaviour of msethread.
>
> I have to confess that i have some doubt about TThread...
>
> And not only for this example...
>
> In Lazarus wiki, in library doc, they explain that a library is, in fact ,
> a program. So i do not understand why, if compiling the same code as
> executable, using TProcess is working perfectly, first TProcess run the exe
> and then gives the control back to main application. It seems to me that
> TProcess is a thread in fact.

Correct, a special case of a thread, or better, a thread is a special case of
a process where all threads of a process can access the same memory.

> So why TThread does not do the same, first load the main-library procedure
> (this it does good) but why not give the control back after running the
> procedure of the library. Mystery.

Waiting on a critical section or so? 'View'-'Threads' shows a list of threads,
by clicking the rows one can check in 'View'-'Stack' the call stack of
individual threads, see thread.png.