Re-re-re-re-re....-re hello Martin.

Please, read this after my 2 previous mails.

I have tested to change in cwstring, at line 118:
{$ifndef Darwin} with {$ifndef Darwin and ndef FreeBSD} this:

{$ifndef Darwin and ndef FreeBSD}  // originally was {$ifndef Darwin}
 function iconv_open(__tocode:pchar; __fromcode:pchar):iconv_t;cdecl;external
libiconvname name 'iconv_open';
 function iconv(__cd:iconv_t; __inbuf:ppchar; __inbytesleft:psize_t;
__outbuf:ppchar; __outbytesleft:psize_t):size_t;cdecl;external libiconvname
name 'iconv';
 function iconv_close(__cd:iconv_t):cint;cdecl;external libiconvname name
'iconv_close';
{$else}
function iconv_open(__tocode:pchar; __fromcode:pchar):iconv_t;cdecl;external
libiconvname name 'libiconv_open';
function iconv(__cd:iconv_t; __inbuf:ppchar; __inbytesleft:psize_t;
__outbuf:ppchar; __outbytesleft:psize_t):size_t;cdecl;external libiconvname
name 'libiconv';
function iconv_close(__cd:iconv_t):cint;cdecl;external libiconvname name
'libiconv_close';
{$endif}

And now, after compiling, MSE applications can run with old and new libiconv.so.

Conclusion: Why FreeBSD libiconv maintainer decided, without any advice, to not
export method iconv_open anymore ?

Ok, problem solved (but no hair any more).
Now I really go to sleep.

PS: May I propose you to create a  {$ define Unix}  in place of {$ define
Linux} (and use Linux, Darwin and FreeBSD as child of Unix), this before that
FreeBSD people see that you make FreeBSD a child of Linux in your code.