On Wednesday 24 May 2017 04:46:04 Jon Foster wrote:
> On 05/23/2017 10:45 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> > Please read Jonas mail about the problems of the testcase:
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-pascal%40lists.freepascal.org/msg46162.h
> >tml
>
> Yes, I've read his post and he had an idea or two that might improve FPC's
> performance somewhat. I think Graeme addressed him with a reply. The bottom
> line was that the identical code runs amazingly faster in other languages.

That is wrong, the code is not identical. Please read the mail again,
especially about the differences of round().

[...]

> Your image looks like its probably doing things right but the output is
> scrambled. The x & y dimensions in the array that I substituted for the SDL
> drawing surface are probably reversed.

So it is better:
"
var
  screen: array [0..s_h-1, 0..s_w-1] of LongInt;
  texmap : array[0..16*16*16*3-1] of LongInt;
  map : array[0..64*64*64-1] of smallint;

procedure  plot(x,y,c : LongInt) {$ifdef FPC}inline{$endif};
begin
  screen[y, x] := c;
end;
"
> So what's MSElang's frame rate and on what kind of machine/OS?

Not ready yet.