On Friday 28 July 2017 19:46:05 Fred van Stappen wrote:
> > I could not reproduce the problem with "strumpract" on Linux.
>
> Because you have a big machine ;-)
>
> But on my tinny laptop, if some other threads are working (other
> applications for example), it appends.

I saw that that there are for every audio stream two threads. Is this
necessary? On linux you could change thread-"nice" level (needs a direct
system call in order to get the Linux thread-id). AFAIK it won't work on
FreeBSD. Or the application must run with higher privilegs in order to setup
higher thread priority and scheduling mode. In order to do so FPC thread
creation must be changed, I don't like to touch this, too dangerous because
of possible changes in FPC and different versions.