Hi,

After spending nearly and hour rebasing only two small branches from
2016 and bringing them up to date with the latest MSEide, I discovered
that I really dislike this "mfm" idea of forms.

I understand the *.mfm is the "object version" of the *.pas file that
represents a window/dialog. Just like Delphi's *.frm or Lazarus's *.lfm
files.

But what the hell is the point of the *_mfm.pas file!!!! It's like a
semi binary array version of the window/dialog. Not human readable at
all, so impossible to resolve merge conflicts in. MSEide also seems to
prefer reading the contents of that file, instead of the *.mfm file,
which makes matters even worse. I had to recreate many settings by
killing off all my branch changes and manually redoing them so MSEide
can regenerate the latest stupid *_mfm.pas file with my changes.

Martin had many brilliant ideas, but the *_mfm.pas was absolute rubbish.
 Why 3 files per form. Why a binary version (even Delphi learned what a
bad idea that was back in the day)   :-(

Regards,
  Graeme