Hallo Fred,

vous ecrit au Mon, 31 Oct 2022 23:48:54 +0000:

> > What? You DID WRITE IT YOURSELF that you had created such a"folder"
>
> Yes, sorry, I did try lot of things before to discover the
> hidden .msetools folder. By default my files manager does not show
> hidden folders.

That's, IMHO, "bad practice" for a developer, especially when he's
also the system administrator. At least for me, I can say that one
definitely NEEDS to have a detailed view of one's system, specifically
the part one "owns dearly".

> So in one of the try I added the parameter -dstocklangs_from_libpath.

And did you also put the files at the implied destination
("/usr/share/locale/<language selector>/LC_MESSAGES/")? It should have
worked then. And the destination is "in plain sight" to everyone.

> And forgot to remove it when I discovered .msetools and add it
> in /home/fred/.msetools. When I removed that parameter, all was ok.

Well, in turmoil, trouble may happen...

> About the use of files out of the all-in-one, yes, I agree with you
> ( but only for hidden-config files, and in the home folder if
> possible.  :-) )

IMFO the user's home directory isn't really a very good location, if
more than one user exists and is meant to use the files. Of course,
this doen't apply for single-user desktop installations, especially
those of the Debian style (that I dislike), where the "main" user is
the system administrator as well - and therewith, if compromised, the
whole system is trashed. (BTW, on my system, I created user accounts
with reduced right to access external ressources, i.e. internet sites,
even for email and news.)

> >  Did you get it to _work_ now? You don't tell.
>
> Yes, of course and it works great.

Ok, I'm contend if it works - it's work in progress, and rather a
suggestion than a finished implementation. You may fiddle with all
the knobs turnable, e.g. the locations of files, the handling of
preferences or whatever.

Wasn't it a rewarding feature when you can claim that mseide-msegui has
THE superior localization system? Although, I'm afraid, that's still a
long way to go until there...

Best wishes, and keep up the good work!