Hello Sieghard.

I hope all is ok for you.

I dont have a Mac, all was done via VMware, after decades I was finally able to
install Mac OSX on a virtual machine.
I have to agree that it works ok (few slow but ok).

I am happy that there is a answer now to people complaining that msegui cannot
run on a Mac!

Like for other new OS (NetBSD, OpenBSD, DragonFlyBSD) it was a few tricky to
adapt all the parameters ( system records ) to make mselibc.pas work for OSX.

I have to jump deeper into the semaphores for the Mac that seem to be different
than other Unix OS, it is the reason why virtual mseconsole is not yet working
and running external programs, like fpc to compile the project.

And so it is not yet possible to compile a msegui app using MSEide.
To compile a app, the osx terminal is still needed (but it is not a big
missing, you can create, edit msegui projects using MSEide and his form-editor
on the Mac).

But sure, when I get time, those semaphores will not resist and MSEide for the
Mac will be compeletely fully working.

I dont have plan to buy a real Mac, VMware is enough for me.

About XQuartz, it is more or less comparable to XWayland for Wayland.
It is a layer that translate X11 methods to make it works on the Mac OSX
graphic server.
In the past it was installed by default on the Mac OS, but now you need to
install it by your self.
The great news is that XQuartz is still deeply maintained and compatible with
each new version of OSX.

Note that I am absolutely not expert at all for the Mac.

About your new dialogs project, keep cool, there is no hurry.

Happy and creative new year!

Fre;D