Hi et al

Black humour based on purple cow msosug ?

I've put together some rather black humour ( from a personal perspective )
looking back on a few events in my career and how it relates to events I
experienced last year when I was diagnosed with localised prostate cancer.

Not sure if they can be tied together in a fashion that is publishable ? (
Thinking of Sharky@computerworld )

What do you think ??

I had my credit card frozen when I was diagnosed with localised prostate cancer
when I notified my credit provider ( as per the insurance clause ) that I had
cancer, but I needed the funds to pay my surgeons before they operated.

I identified / reported / fixed ROOT exploits in SAP Systems I was
administrating as per the Unix Security Audit and data was lost ?

( Its ok, it was only possibly credit card details held by the largest
university in Australia and none of them were frozen / replaced when it was
reported as per audit requirements….;) )

I was the unix administrator in charge of the GAS Market System for Victoria
when gas supplies were shut off to Melbourne for 20 days due to an explosion at
one of the refinery plants ( and NO, it wasn't because of the DR test I was
doing!!!, although there was a newly released back door exploits that the Cult
of the Dead Cow put together. ).

Loss of about 1.3 billion dollars to the State of Victoria, with many
restaurants being forced to close due to the loss of business and being unable
to cook meat and fish correctly.

        ( Not to mention some rather pissed off protestors, Royal Commission,
etc [ oops, it was in the Matrix ? ] )

        ( Localised Prostate Cancer is caused by 'Heterocyclic amines in cooked
meat and fish, with PSA re bounce being caused by using products containing
bisphenol A.'

http://www.cancer.org.au/content/pdf/AboutCancer/environmentalcauses/Carcinogenic_Risk_Assessment.pdf
   )

Was thinking of a funny one from VerSI when the synchrotron OH&S training
involved testing for exposure and possible side effects from the beam line, but
couldn't find a reference cause to prostate cancer.

On a happier note, the end of the world is scheduled for 1/6/13, and only $30 a
ticket….it could be interesting ( better than the nuke war show down in Korea
…;)

http://culturejam.com.au/

Regards,

Mark A. Lane

mark.andrew.l...@gmail.com

au.linkedin.com/in/fookey/

Currently developing a KORN shell based cyclical encryption script:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/foocrypt/

A collection of my scripts on dropbox.com :

http://tinyurl.com/c9voa2n
http://preview.tinyurl.com/c9voa2n