In support of OSHAN <http://sourceforge.net/projects/oshan/>, an open source
home area network targeted to embedded devices, I've implemented CC430
support in MSPGCC.  It is currently available for download from the OSHAN
project page on SourceForge, in a Bazaar repository based on the MSPGCC one
at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mspgcc/develop.  You can get a copy
using:

  bzr checkout bzr://oshan.bzr.sourceforge.net/bzrroot/mspgcc-core.cc430

For convenience of those who don't want to deal with Bazaar, I've also made
available a tar file with the current contents, and a patch relative to the
trunk at the time I started, at:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/oshan/files/

A set of examples that work on the TI EM430 developer board are also
available from the OSHAN project on
SourceForge<http://sourceforge.net/projects/oshan/files/>
.

I apologize for the lack of convenience, but I'm not building releases of
this: it's been tested on Linux (Fedora 9), and you can build it with the
buildgcc.sh script that comes as part of the mspgcc-core branch.  The
binutils patch is for 2.19.1, and the gcc changes are for 3.2.3, but the
bulk of the work was in msp430-libc, so supporting the port in other
versions of gcc should be pretty easy.

My hope is the current MSPGCC maintainers will have a chance to look over
the changes and incorporate them into the mainline; I don't want yet another
forked MSPGCC.  However, I'll maintain the repository that's hosted in the
OSHAN project until the changes are integrated somewhere more official.  If
you have problems, please mail mspgcc-us...@lists.sourceforge.net.

Notes on the changes are below.

CC430 Support in MSPGCC
=======================

This directory contains patches to support the TI CC430 System-on-Chip
family.  These chips incorporate a MSP430-5xx microcontroller with a CC1101
radio.

Only the gcc/gcc-3.2 compiler patches have been updated for CC430 support,
but the bulk of the effort is in msp430-libc, so adapting this for a working
version of a different compiler should be trivial.  See the diffs for the
necessary steps.

Relative to the baseline MSPGCC system, the patches in this directory
incorporate:

* Updates to binutils-2.19.1.patch to handle the eight defined CC430 chips

* Updates to the gcc/gcc-3.2 configuration files to handle the CC430 chips

* Addition of a <cc430.h> include file for mspgcc-libc.

* Additional MSP430-5xx module support from JMGross <msp...@grossibaer.de>,
  including new support for:
  - CRC16
  - Power Management Module

* Additional MSP430-5xx/CC430 module support from Peter Bigot
  - Port Mapping Control
  - Special Functions
  - Advanced Encryption Standard
  - RF1A CC1101 Radio Module

* Addition of mnemonic defines matching TI headers (e.g., TASSEL__TACLK
  mapping to TASSEL_0).

* Assorted fixes for watchdog support on processors that do not map WDTCTL
  to 0x0120.

Build and install in the normal way.