It turns out there are only four intrinsic functions used in the TI Sports
Watch source code.  I created my own intrinsics.c source file.  It is
included below.  I have implemented three of the four functions.  The
remaining one should not be hard to do, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

========= begin code ====================
// intrinsics.c
#include<intrinsics.h>

//__delay_cycles  used in main.c, rf1a.c, bsp_board.c
void __delay_cycles(unsigned long __cycles)
{
  /* TODO: PFS needs to implement body of __delay_cycles
}

//__set_interrupt_state  used in bsp_msp430_defs.h, rf1a.c
void  __set_interrupt_state(istate_t state)
{
  __asm__("bis %0,r2" : : "ir" ((uint16_t) state));
}

//__even_in_range  used in adc12.c
unsigned short __even_in_range(unsigned short __value, unsigned short
__bound)
{
  return (__value<= __bound&&  __value>=0);
}

//__get_interrupt_state  used in bsp_msp430_defs.h, rf1a.c
istate_t __get_interrupt_state(void)
{
  return(READ_SR&0x0008);
}
============= end code ====================

Since  I have linking problems, I have not been able to actually test the
functions, but I am now getting a clean compile with no errors.  I am,
however, getting a compile warning from this section of signal.h:

#if defined(__MSP430X__)
#define INTERRUPT_VECTOR_SLOTS      32
#define RESET_VECTOR                62
#elif defined(__MSP430X2__)
Line 39   ====>>  #warning X2 ist da<<======
#define INTERRUPT_VECTOR_SLOTS      64
#define RESET_VECTOR                126
#else
#define INTERRUPT_VECTOR_SLOTS      16
#define RESET_VECTOR                30
#endif

I'm not sure if I need to be concerned about this warning.

Paul