No, that chip is not supported.  File a ticket requesting support on the
mspgcc4 project and I'll add it in the next release, whenever that is.  This
will impact binutils, gcc, and msp430-libc, with the only really important
stuff being in binutils (msp430all.sh needs to be updated with the correct
addresses for that chip).  If you need it faster, you can follow the steps
at
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/mspgcc/index.php?title=AddingNewDevice.
Treat it as an ISA_22 and name it msp430x2231.

Or wait for the uniarch release, but that probably won't be until sometime
in November.

Peter