On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 07:20:27PM -0500, Peter Bigot wrote:
> I can confirm that with FET firmware 2.04.09.001 and the current head
> of mspdebug git, it is necessary to specify -d /dev/ttyUSBwhatever,
> where with 2.04.05.003 mspdebug figured things out itself without
> having to be told the specific device to use.  Odd.  I find that
> annoying and will stick with 2.04.05.003.

Without the -d option, the raw USB driver is used, which searches the
busses for a matching vendor:product combination. I'm surprised that a
change of the FET firmware affects whether or not this works, since this
shouldn't directly affect the USB interface.

My best guess is that perhaps the newer firmware's behaviour is affected
by the state of the internal RTS line. I'll put together a patch for
this later this week for someone with 20409001 to try out.

- Daniel

--
Daniel Beer <dlb...@gmail.com>    www.dlbeer.co.nz
IRC: inittab (Freenode)    PGP key: 2048D/160A553B