Even though I think it is sorted now, I still wonder (for my own knowledge and
completeness) if there is a way to either override just one of the vector
positions (or is there a magic name that given to the function accomplishes the
same thing) or is there a way to override all of the vector table?

I did it with the aid of nostartfiles many years ago (had need to write my own
boot loader anyway) but I wonder if there is a way to do it without losing the
startup routines.

- Wayne