From: pabi...@gmail.com [mailto:pabi...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Peter Bigot
Sent: Saturday, 21 December 2013 2:27 p.m.
To: and...@aratika.co.nz
Cc: GCC for MSP430 - http://mspgcc.sf.net
Subject: Re: [Mspgcc-users] Any insight on what targets _endless_loop__ in
libcrt0

__endless_loop__ is placed in section .fini0 (the last of the nine reserved
finalization sections).  One way it can be reached in a normal application
is falling off the end of main().  It is what follows any other finalization
routines, including __stop_progExec__, which is normally empty and appears
in section .fini9.  __stop_progExec__ is jumped to by exit(3c) if the macro
definition of exit() from stdlib.h in msp430-libc is invoked.

So: Returning from main(), invoking exit(3c), or other magic that causes
code to jump into the finalization sections.

Peter

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Andrew McLaren <and...@aratika.co.nz>