On the whole I agree with Eric that there is little public information
about the internal CPU architecture.  If you still want to dig around,
the three data sources I'd recommend are:

* the CPU sections of the various family users guides, in particular
the instruction timing tables.  Differences among the instructions
based on source and destination alternatives, as well as the same
instruction on CPU and CPUX, suggest pipeline differences.

* various postings on
http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontrollers/msp430/default.aspx, though
realize that most will be speculation.

* experimentation to time the duration of different sequences.
https://github.com/pabigot/bsp430/blob/master/examples/platform/cpu42/main.c
 uses a low-speed clock technique that tests whether erratum CPU42
(the CPUX bug about EINT without NOP) is present on a particular
device.  Adapt that to use a clock source synchronized with MCLK
instead, and put the reads around the sequence to be timed instead of
adjacent.

Peter