Hello!

Firstly, I would like to thank you guys for all the hints and the help you
gave me. Let me give you a digest on what I did in the last few weeks as I
also would like to share with the mailing list this experience.

As suggested, I programmed my trashed fet. I was able to do that in 2 ways:
1) Using BSL. The BSL application note can be found in Ti website. With
this note, you can use your msp launchpad as a BSL to program other
firmware via serial lines.
2) Using another FET.

Results:
I was able to re-program my trashed FET with a V2 firmware but I found
another problem... When plugging my trashed fet to the computer, it was
initialized as a CDC driver (v3 firmware), not as a VCP driver (v2
firmware) - so I had a V2 firmware in my fet but my PC recognized it with a
V3 driver. I tried to re-install official drivers (used Ti files available
on mspdebug stack's site) but it also didn't work. I also tried removing
all available TI drivers and then letting the FET install it's driver
automatically. It also didn't work but this time I saw my FET couldn't even
supply a driver for the installation process in my PC (as usually it
happens when you plug your FET's for the first time).

I also tried to downgrade/upgrade the firmware hopping that those
procedures could somehow save my FET. I used the steps described in
MSPDebug's website as the program FET-430Pro Lite. No luck with both.

In the last week I've received another FET. This time, as people suggested
me, I stuck with V2 firmware. I'm using uif driver with jtag option. As it
is a demand in my project, I had to use mspdebug and gdb as external
programs to Eclipse in order to debug my firmware (MSP430 Toolchain works
fine - the project I'm working on is imported from a makefile thus some
changes in the path to the .elf program had to be done).

I would like to thank you guys for the effort on helping me and for the
time expended in this situation. Thank you so much for the those helped me!

Cheers,
Fávero

FS

*"If it doesn't starts with you, it dies with you." *
Julian Casablancas