Greetings,

First and foremost I would like to personally thank Peter Bigot for his
efforts on maintaining the mspgcc toolchain before TI/RedHat took over
and developed their own and then for still caring enough to aid with
community builds for the msp430-elf toolchain. I feel this must be
addressed, given that this effort has been made even when, I believe,
there is some friction between TI/RedHat and Mr. Bigot himself.

That being said, I would like to mention that I have released a few
PKGBUILDs for Arch Linux which are able to build packages that can be
installed in that system. These may be found in the AUR [1]. I am using
binutils 2.25, gcc 5.2.0, newlib 2.2.0.20150824 and the latest snapshot
of TI headers and linker scripts.

If you decide to use these in your Arch Linux system, please report any
bugs you find with these PKGBUILDs and packages over in the AUR and not
here. Also, I am sorry, but I am unable to provide packages for other
distributions as I only utilize Arch Linux.

With that being said, thank you again for all your efforts, good sir.

Cheers,
Orlando.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?K=msp430-elf