From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Craig Andrew (OIZ)
Sent: Donnerstag, 21. November 2013 08:52
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: AW: [mssms] Client thingy after OSD build

Perhaps slightly off the original topic...

In my Test environment, someone (probably me), hadn't set up the update ADRs
properly. After a couple of weeks I had far too many update deployments (can't
remember but somewhere between 60 and 100) being deployed to the clients. This
maxed out the available memory for the OSD TS (10Mb) and it wouldn't start.
Removing old Update deployments fixed the problem.

In this case it is the number of policies applied that causes the problem not
the number of updates. But the number of updates is usually the cause of too
many policies, if you get me.

To keep an eye on policy processing check in the temp folder,
C:\windows\ccm\temp and c:\Windows\CCM\CIDownloader\DigestStore
You see here the amount of policy data the client is downloading and processing.

If you have a huge amount of data in temp and the policyeval is running before
this gets cleared down then you will eventually get a deadlock on the client.
This means there are too many policies applied to the computer for the client
to process in the eval interval.