Is it an application or a package?  What do you have in your CAS.log ?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jason King | Solutions Design Team
Telephone: 248.853.4841

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Matthew W. Ross
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:48 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [BULK] Re: [mssms] Working on SCCM 2012 R2 - Newbie

Boundary is by Active Directory. I created a "Default" boundary group and added
the single boundary to it.

I've just asked SCCM to reinstall the client. We'll see what happens.

I did check the execmgr.log file on the client, and here's what it says:

<![LOG[Software Distribution site settings
(CCM_SoftwareDistributionClientConfig) policy does not yet exist on the client.
If the client is not yet registered, this is expected
behavior.]LOG]!><time="09:23:18.783+420" date="06-24-2014" component="execmgr"
context="" type="2" thread="2980" file="softdistpolicy.cpp:1405">

Do I have to register something?

--Matt Ross
Ephrata School District

Jeff Poling <jeffrey.d.pol...@gmail.com<mailto:jeffrey.d.pol...@gmail.com>> ,
6/24/2014 11:28 AM:
Are Chrome and Evince packages or applications in ConfigMgr? The answer
determines which log files to look at on the client - packages look at
execmgr.log, applications look at appdiscovery.log and appenforce.log.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh427342.aspx<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh427342.aspx&k=DRaZFQufJSh%2Bz2CJu01vGA%3D%3D%0A&r=EP6UuLzy5Kkj6OM7S%2FXJ%2Fg%3D%3D%0A&m=Rgvs9gNdR2aAvkHr8wsuE3WsMB8EqDam%2FqhkZLnBIus%3D%0A&s=d125fdcc0312349fde1cd1f25bbedb5d98c938012b75e3e9a5e9b0e6548a97b1>

As others have said, check boundaries and boundary groups are created properly
and reference your distribution point correctly.

On the client PC, in Control Panel, there is the COnfiguration Manager applet.
On the actions tab, do you have a list of actions or just a couple? Run a
machine policy retrieval action to get the latest policy for the client.

Also, patience is often needed.  How long has it been since you created the
deployment?

Jeff

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Matthew W. Ross