Err I would stay way from moving ports but.... Why can't you Network team do
QOS for BITS traffic? Their packetshaper should be able to do this without any
problem.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Atkinson, Matt T
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 6:24 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] Changing SCCM port

Hi All,

We've been asked to look in to what it would take to modify the current
communication port used by our SCCM 2012 environment. Although I can see how to
configure it from the beginning of a deployment, and where it can be changed,
details online are sparse when it comes to changing the ports for an existing
environment. My fear is that changing the communication port would leave our
existing clients unmanaged and require us to redeploy the client.

Anyone have any experience in doing this? The end goal is for our network team
to be able to apply QOS policies for SCCM based simply on the port the traffic
is happening on. The major concern being content downloads from clients to DPs.
The options for BITS throttling leave a lot to be desired, hence the request
for QOS policies to be used instead.

Thanks!
Matt

This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified that you
may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete this
message.