My two cents is:

CM is a great product to collect and populate the CMDB. Why have a second
executable to collect the data from each PC, just to populate the CMDB.
CM is also a great product to help keep the CMDB update. For example Top
Console User (TCU) and last logon user are great to show who is using the PC
now. Collect/update Add/Remove Programs data.
Like Sherry, I agree that CM is for current PCs and not for long term offline
PCs.

Garth Jones
Chief Architect

www.Enhansoft.com<http://www.enhansoft.com/>