"So, the bigger the event, the worse the quality?"

No only in food, but also in quality of content and the depth of the
content. The only people big events like that work out for are vendors and
Microsoft.

MS employees have to take off less time from work to go to the event.
Marketing can plan everything for a single event. They prep the slide decks
in advance and then decide you will read them. It is just marketing content
and you are basically a fool if you paid for it.

This is all about being good for Microsoft, not the customer. They stopped
caring about the customer a long time ago. Now it is all about recurring
payments and their bottom line.
You see this with support, big fixes (or lack thereof), crappy events,
missing kb articles, and a push towards the cloud and recurring payments.
Even the way they fix their broken products is now being driven by what is
best for them (monolithic updates)
They got rid of the solution accelerator team because they no longer care
about adding value to their products, they just care about their bottom
line and trying to be apple.
Their enterprise operating system even pushes down advertising against your
will.

Just blows my mind anyone would give them money to listen to that marketing
speak.
Obviously the same people that would pay for "Cloud"