Vmware…

From: <listsad...@lists.myitforum.com> on behalf of Eric Groff
<eagr...@outlook.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 3:59 PM
To: "mssms@lists.myitforum.com" <mssms@lists.myitforum.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [mssms] Airwatch Connect Presentation - SCCM is a
dead-end?

Probably a Citrix employee. They bought AirWatch a couple of years ago.

On Jan 24, 2017 14:10, "Marable, Mike" <mmara...@med.umich.edu> wrote:

Okay, today my supervisor was making the case for the decision to phase out
SCCM.  His whole argument centers on a presentation he saw at AirWatch Connect
a few months back.

The presentation was done by a Microsoft employee and in it he stated that SCCM
was a dead-end product and that people should move away from it (and towards
AirWatch).

He couldn’t tell me who this presenter was, but he insists that it was a
Microsoft employee.

That doesn’t jive with what I see and hear, so I’m looking for anyone who may
have been to AirWatch Connect this past Fall and could shed some light onto the
context.  Because I am sure that the statement was taken way out of context.

Thanks

Mike Marable

Microsoft Systems Engineer Lead

Enterprise Device Engineering and Management

MCPS, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, MS  [
Profile<http://www.mycertprofile.com/Profile/5319166625> ] [
Blog<http://thesystemsmonkey.wordpress.com/> ]

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

-Oscar Wilde

"If we wonder often, the gift of knowledge will come."

-Arapaho Proverb

"Be willing to give up who you are now for what you can become."

-Unknown

Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be
used for urgent or sensitive issues

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under

applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying,

distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If

you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender
and destroy the material in its

entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.  Thank you.