I have seen a lot of content validation issues on DP's when we were running
SCCM 1511 and 1602.  So far it seems SCCM 1610 is much better.  But, the only
time I would see the same errors every week was when the errors were not
resolved the first time.  Redistributing the packages won't fix every content
validation error.

You can look at the smsdpmon.log file on the DP to see what packages have
failed, but it doesn't tell you why it failed.  Which could be content library
issues or WMI issues.
I use the below PowerShell script to see and fix what is causing the errors,
whether it is WMI or content library issues.  I usually open this with ISE,
select everything up to the ##Delete WMI entries line to see what it finds.  If
it finds items, then I run the whole script.

I tried to find the website I got this script from but couldn't find it, but it
works great and since upgrading to 1610, I've hardly seen any content errors.

$WMIPkgList = Get-WmiObject -Namespace Root\SCCMDP -Class SMS_PackagesInContLib
| Select -ExpandProperty PackageID | Sort-Object

$ContentLib = (Get-ItemProperty
HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\DP).ContentLibraryPath

$PkgLibPath = ($ContentLib) + '\PkgLib'

$PkgLibList = (Get-ChildItem $PkgLibPath | Select -ExpandProperty Name |
Sort-Object)

$PkgLibList = ($PKgLibList | ForEach-Object {$_.replace('.INI',"")})

$PksinWMIButNotContentLib = Compare-Object -ReferenceObject $PKgLibList
-DifferenceObject $WMIPkgList -PassThru | Where-Object { $_.SideIndicator -eq
"=>" }

$PksinContentLibButNotWMI = Compare-Object -ReferenceObject $PKgLibList
-DifferenceObject $WMIPkgList -PassThru | Where-Object { $_.SideIndicator -eq
"<=" }

Write-Host Items in WMI but not the Content Library
Write-Host ========================================
$PksinWMIButNotContentLib

Write-Host Items in Content Library but not WMI
$PksinContentLibButNotWMI

##Delete WMI-Entries not in PkgLib
Foreach ($PkgWMI in $PksinWMIButNotContentLib){
Get-WmiObject -Namespace Root\SCCMDP -Class SMS_PackagesInContLib -Filter
"PackageID = '$PkgWMI'" | Remove-WmiObject -Confirm
}

##Delete .ini´s in PkgLib not in WMI
Foreach ($PkgLIB in $PksinContentLibButNotWMI){
Remove-Item -Path "$PkgLibPath\$PkgLIB.INI" -Confirm}