So, I looked at that pre-deploy option, but it looks like it is more for
applications being deployed to user collections.  This is being deployed to
computer collections.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Thelen, Chris
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:55 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] RE: Deployment question

When you create the deployment you can select to make it required and then you
will have the option to Pre-Deploy software to the users primary device.  As
long as those computers are the primary device of the users then they will
download the software before the scheduled installation date.

Another way would be to create a package with the Office source files with a
program that only does a file copy to a folder on C drive then deploy that to
those users as a required deployment.  But you would have to change the Office
install to launch a command, batch file, or some other script that would launch
the install from the local source.

Also wanted to say this since you have some users in similar environments to
ours.  Make sure you specify the Office version in the install xml file, as the
Office install does check the Microsoft Office servers for a newer version, and
will download and install that newer version if a version is not specified.
This cratered some of our users last year even with updates disabled in the xml
file.