From a cursory look, it appears the import is expecting a datatype “string”. If
this is correct, line 28 should have quotes (either single or double depending
on the syntax) around DellBIOSConfig3.2_Wed_LAN.
The underscore is used as a new line character in some syntax. Ending lines
without a semicolon is a potential problem created unintentionally by the “_”.

Regards,
Wendell
From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Sherry Kissinger
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 9:16 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [mssms] RegKeyToMOF error

when I save that, and run mofcomp -check testnew.mof, it tells me:

C:\temp>mofcomp -check testnew.mof
Microsoft (R) MOF Compiler Version 10.0.10586.117
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp. 1997-2006. All rights reserved.
Parsing MOF file: testnew.mof
testnew.mof (28): error SYNTAX 0X80044002: Expected semicolon or '='
Compiler returned error 0x80044002

since it's erroring at (28), I'm guessing it's whining about line 28.  Line 28
is this:
[SMS_Report(TRUE)] String DellBIOSConfig3.2_Wed_LAN;

so my guess is that it hates something about that.  It could be the period.  It
could be the multiple _  (I don't know.

Change it in your configuration.mof to be something else, like...
DellBIOSConfig3  (just has to be different, and if YOU know what it is, it's
easy enough in reports to say
select DellBiosConfig30 as 'Dell Bios Config 3.2 Wed LAN' )

and then of course change it in the to-be-imported to match; and it'll probably
work fine.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 6:43 PM, Mike Murray