From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Fast, David D.
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 6:08 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] Weird OSD issues

I have two office locations where SCCM OSD does not run.  In the first
location, the OSD process errors out immediately with "An error occurred while
retrieving policy for this computer  (0x80004005)".  Examining the smsts.log
file, there are entries for "Failed to get client identity (80004005)",
"SyncTimeWithMP() failed. 80004005" and "Failed to get time information from
MP: http://oursccmserver.ourdomain.com.";  We have verified that the system time
is correct, the system period is correct, a valid IP address is obtained and we
can ping the SCCM server both by IP and by FQDN.  This issue is repeatable on
multiple systems.

In the second location, the tech can get as far as selecting a task sequence,
but when the dependency check runs it errors out that it cannot find the USMT
package on the DP.  I have redistributed the USMT package to the DP several
times and even removed the package from the DP and then redistributed.
Examining the package content on the DP itself shows that the package is
getting distributed/redistributed and the timestamp information updates
accordingly.  This issue is also repeatable on multiple systems.

Any ideas on what to do next for either of these issues?  We have over 100
other locations where OSD runs without issue.

Thanks,

David

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be
used for urgent or sensitive issues