Dear all!

[Apologies for cross-posting]

We are writing to provide some updates on The How2 Challenge, New Tasks
for Vision and Language Workshop that will take place at ICML 2019 on June
15, 2019.

Further updates will be available at https://srvk.github.io/how2-challenge/ or
ICML’s workshop site
https://icml.cc/Conferences/2019/Schedule?showEvent=3532. We will soon
detail the program with schedule information, titles of invited talks, and
accepted papers.

- PAPER SUBMISSION IS NOW OPEN!!! Please submit papers to the “challenge”
and “general” track of the workshop at
https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=th2. The How2 Challenge track is
meant for system description papers participating in the challenge, and
will only receive a light review. The “general” track is for “regular"
papers and will undergo (single-blind!) peer review. All submissions should
adhere to the format suggested by ICML (
https://icml.cc/Conferences/2019/StyleAuthorInstructions, up to 8 pages
text).

- We released updates to the How2 dataset, specifically the summarization
task. You can find it at https://github.com/srvk/how2-dataset. We also made
available the evaluation code and data for each of the challenge tasks
(i.e. ASR, MT, Summarization).

- You can start submitting your challenge results at
https://srvk.github.io/how2-challenge/. Please note that you can update
your challenge submission (and papers) until June 13, 2019.

- We will be able to provide a limited number of travel grants (800 dollars
each) to students that are first authors and presenters of an accepted
paper. Please apply during paper submission! We will announce the winners
together with author feedback.

IMPORTANT DATES

Deadline for paper submission: May 15, 2019
Author Notification: May 22, 2019
Camera ready paper submission: June 13, 2019
Workshop: June 15, 2019

Please forward this e-mail to other interested parties, and we hope to see
you all in Long Beach soon!

Best,

The Organizers of The How2 Challenge & Workshop
New Tasks for Vision and Language

Lucia
www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~lucia/