The Eleventh Conference on Theoretical and Methodological Issues
in Machine Translation (TMI-07)

Skövde, Sweden

September 7-9, 2007

The first Conference on Theoretical and Methodological Issues in
Machine Translation took place in New York in 1985. More than 20 years
later, we are pleased to announce the first Call for Papers for the
11th Conference in the series, to be held in Skövde, Sweden, in early
September 2007.

We are co-locating the conference temporally with MT Summit XI which
runs from 10th-14th September, 2007 in Copenhagen, Denmark. In so
doing, we hope that attendance at each conference will be boosted
especially by those attendees travelling some distance, but also by
those interested in MT who don't have quite so far to travel. In order
to facilitate this further, we anticipate that people attending both
events will be able to avail of beneficial registration rates.

We wish to elicit papers on any aspect of MT, but especially
theoretical and/or methodological papers for which this conference is
the natural home, and perhaps where results and in-depth evaluations
may not be appropriate. Areas of interest may typically include:

- Statistical MT
- Example-Based MT
- Rule-Based MT
- Hybrid MT
- Spoken Language Translation
- Discriminative MT
- Evaluation in MT
- Roadmaps for MT

but any other MT-related areas of interest will be considered.

Invited Talks

There will be two invited talks, one by Anna Sågvall Hein, and the other
to be announced.

The programme chair is Andy Way ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

The programme committee currently includes:

Ralf Brown (CMU, Pittsburgh)
Chris Callison-Burch (Edinburgh)
Michael Carl (IAI, Saarbruecken)
David Farwell (UPC, Barcelona)
Marcello Federico (ITC-IRST, Trento)
Kevin Knight (ISI, Marina Del Rey)
Philippe Langlais (RALI, Montreal)
Alon Lavie (CMU, Pittsburgh)
Yves Lepage (Caen)
Michael Paul (ATR, Kyoto)
Anna Sågvall Hein (Uppsala)
Dekai Wu (Hong Kong)

Suggestions for Workshops should be submitted to Michael Carl
([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

The local organiser is Barbara Gawronska ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Important Dates:

1st Call for Papers:    November 6, 2006.
Paper Submissions:              May 11, 2007
Acceptance notification:           June 29, 2007
Camera-ready copies due:           July 27, 2007
Conference:                        September 7-9, 2007

Andy Way, 6/11/06.