Huawei R&D Center Amsterdam is looking for a Machine Translation Scientist
to join our growing machine translation team and work on large scale neural
machine translation systems. We build and maintain cutting-edge machine
translation systems for a variety of challenging language pairs that find
application in Huawei’s Cloud Search environment. The team actively
researches new directions in machine translation to improve our models and
open new avenues for application. We are looking to expand our team to
cover more language pairs and more domains. This is a great opportunity for
an expert in machine translation who is looking to have real world impact
at a large scale.

Responsibilities

You will work with a team of applied scientists and engineers who are
responsible for all stages of the machine translation model development,
including data set selection and filtering, model training and evaluation
and domain adaptation. Your responsibilities will include:

   - Design, develop, test, maintain and debug software programs for the
   key stages of the machine translation model lifecycle
   - Create and implement new algorithms to solve applied problems in
   machine translation, such as cross-lingual transfer, domain-adaptation,
   model compression or data set filtering.
   - Lead the team to break through major algorithmic issues
   - Research new directions to solve problems in machine translation, such
   as multilingual translation, quality estimation, model robustness and
   techniques for low-resource languages and domains
   - Publications are possible

Primary Location

Amsterdam

Required Qualifications:

   - PhD in natural language processing related field or equivalent
   research experience
   - Experience in building machine translation systems
   - Excellent coding abilities in Python and mastery of at least one deep
   learning framework
   - Strong familiarity with machine translation frameworks
   - Research contributions in the field of machine translations in one of
   the top tier NLP conferences (i.e. EMNLP, ACL, NAACL, etc.)

Preferred Qualifications:

   - Proven record of contributions to open source machine translations or
   sequence to sequence modelling toolkits (or codebases)
   - Experience processing non-European languages
   - Intensive experience in one of the machine translations research areas

*Application:*

*If you are interested, you can apply from here
<https://jobpage.cvwarehouse.com/?companyGuid=471f760e-522b-400b-905b-48747c4d64a2&lang=en-US&fbclid=IwAR1KzMJCvGgf4pGonB1WkjNzH_g57gxK_f5oP5qbMhLK9LKXiZYBHXEeaHk&job=196766>*