Work in progress on the above, should also act on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+bug/1097543

** Changed in: mudlet

** Changed in: mudlet
     Assignee: Chris (chrismudlet) => Stephen Lyons (slysven)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  setExit, setExitStub, queryRoomExits - fix inconsistency in direction
  parameters and returned names

Status in Mudlet:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  setExit() accepts a number or a short direction name (like "e", "ne")
  setExitStub() accepts a number as direction
  getRoomExits() returns a long direction name (like "east", "north")
  connectExitStub() is even more bizarre, it does not work with 2 arguments as
stated in manual as well
  setDoor() and getDoors() requires and returns direction in short form ("e",
"ne")

  Also writing scripts for non-english mud is painful as I have to
  maintain 3 name mappings just for directions... translating in one or
  another way.

  speedwalk also outputs short directions and I have to translate them
  into correct ones (and why up and down was not shortened as well?).

  Is it possible to make it consistent and more friendly? Make it all
  english short names for example or numbers everywhere (less friendly
  IMHO)?

  Mudlet: 2.1