Public bug reported:

This has been an issue for a long time e.g. as mentioned in
http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92&p=21102#p21102 - in fact
the existing code does not behave as the Wiki
http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Mudlet_Object_Functions#stopStopWatch
describes it {I recently added a warning about this}.

The stopStopWatch(...) code is actually the same as the
getStopWatch(...) code in the Host class and this breakage comes about
because a QTime is used to record the "time" the stopwatch is "started"
and it cannot be "stopped" - indeed there does not seem to be an
existing Qt element that can be used "as a physical stopwatch as a user
might understand it".

I have assigned a "medium" importance to this as it ought to be fixed at
some stage and it is broken as per the API described in the Wiki.

** Affects: mudlet

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  Using the stopStopWatch( watchId ) does not stop the stop watch

Status in Mudlet:
  New

Bug description: