** Summary changed:

- Qt 5.7.1 breaks menu keyboard shortcuts
+ Qt 5.7.1 breaks menu keyboard shortcuts on Ubuntu

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  Qt 5.7.1 breaks menu keyboard shortcuts on Ubuntu

Status in Mudlet:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  With the menu bar enabled, pressing Alt+C opens up the connection
  dialog - however this is broken on Qt 5.7.1 and 5.8.0. Qt 5.6.2 still
  works fine.

  This issue is verified on Linux so far by two people independently and
  affects the 3.0.0-kappa Linux Mudlet which was built with 5.8.

  This does not affect macOS where Mudlet was built with Qt 5.8.0 -
  Alt+C works fine.

  It's pretty easy to work around by using an older Qt - we don't have a
  specific requirement for anything super modern just yet - so I'll make
  sure to build all installers with 5.6.2 for the time being.

  Filed Qt bugreport: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-59557