By the way - why a popup - it's because we need to make sure before
letting the user do what they did not exactly intend to do in most cases
and it's a destructive operation.

See for example when you try to navigate away from a page that will
cause unsaved data loss - not something that you want to happen most of
the time, and it throws a pop-up with a confirmation.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  Module Master Folders in Editor appear as normal items when they are
  not.

Status in Mudlet:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  In the editor modules appear as a top level brown folder that contain
  the folders (groups) and items that were selected to be included in
  them when the various things were exported to them.  This is triggered
  internally by a dummy Tree.h derived item
  (Action/Alias/Key/Script/Timer/Trigger) group item with a non-empty
  Tree<T>::mPackageName {not mModuleName which is, in fact not used at
  all currently} - however the dummy item is NOT treated like a full
  TAction etc instance, specifically although the user might add lua
  code to it in the editor the data does NOT persist between sessions
  (as the module folder is not saved within the module data) - therefore
  we should not show all of the relevant normal xxxx_main_area.ui when a
  module master folder is selected - just the name and that - being hard
  coded as the "package" (really "module" name) should not be editable
  as it won't "take".

  More importantly we must disable any attempt to "delete" a selected
  module master (brown) folder although the current code base will
  apparently allow that to happen this is only temporary as it will be
  restored the next time the profile is loaded AND it is confusing
  because a module can/is likely to have components spread across more
  than one of the item types that the editor works on but only displays
  one of at a time - deleting the module master folder from one
  tree_widget in one editor view in the current code does not remove the
  corresponding folders in the other windows.

  IMO We must disable the display of anything but the name of a module
  master folder in the right hand side of the editor, we must prevent
  attempts to delete such folders (perhaps with a warning that the
  module must be uninstalled using the module manager instead) and we
  must prevent them being subject to drag-and-drop actions in the left
  hand side of the editor as that also will not "work".

  These issues do present a broken UI in my opinion and ideally I would
  like to see them addressed for the release_30 target.