While I'm all for the above variables for tracking connection or non-
connection, this is doable via sysConnectionEvent and sysDisconnectEvent
by the user if they are properly implemented.

Granted, I'm not familiar with the backend code on disconnection.
However, as I get a sysDisconnectEvent from Mudlet when the MUD
initiates disconnect, I assume that Mudlet has some method of
determining when the change from connected to disconnected happens. I
propose that this be the only time that sysDisconnectEvent is raised -
not when someone calls disconnect(), which is just the command to Mudlet
'hey, go disconnect', which won't do anything if the MUD isn't already
connected - can't terminate a non-open connection, eh?

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  disconnect() calls a sysDisconnectEvent of it's own

Status in Mudlet:
  New

Bug description:
  Sample Code:

  function doubleEcho()
    cecho("\n<black:yellow>This will echo twice, but only if currently
connected to the MUD when disconenct() is called")
  end

  registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDisconnectionEvent","doubleEcho")

  disconnect()

  Explanation:

  sysDisconnectEvent is designed to let you know that the connection to
  the MUD has been terminated. However, regardless of whether there is a
  connection to the MUD, calling the disconnect() function raises
  sysDisconnectEvent. When connected to a MUD, this results in
  sysDisconnectEvent being called twice if you manually run a
  disconnect(). If the MUD disconnects you on the other hand, you only
  get one sysDisconnectEvent, as proper.

  Usually this is no problem. However, sometimes a function that is
  registered to sysDisconnectEvent will have issues if it is run twice.
  Other times you may not want said function to run unless already
  connected to the MUD when disconnect() is called.