Migrating issues to Github, please follow the new discussion here:
https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet/issues/704

This issue needs to be closed and there is no appropriate status, so
will set it to "Opinion" just for migration purposes.

** Bug watch added: github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet/issues #704
   https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet/issues/704

** Changed in: mudlet

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  User request for single log file that is appended rather than
  individual ones

Status in Mudlet:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  In http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5725 user Proxy
  expressed a desire for a single file that was appended to on each
  occasion rather than individual ones each time logging was started.
  Whilst this would be fairly trivial for the plain text file format I
  have reservations as to how easy it would be for the HTML form.  At
  present the style for each span is explicitly set in full detail at
  the start of that span, however I am aware from unreleased prototype
  code that if it were cached it would be possible to significantly
  reduce the size of HTML log files, particularly if only a few
  different styles are used repetitively through the entire log foil.
  If that were to be done it may be harder to maintain a single file
  that is appended unless we can overwrite it (to remove the closing
  HTML) and then re-parse the existing file to identify all previously
  used styles - it would not be impossible to do this but it may slow
  done the commencement of logging slightly IMHO.

  {This might a project I could attempt during my 2016 holiday in a few
  weeks if I need to take a break from I18n stuff!}