Hi,

Mozilla Calendar is a nice and Free Mozilla extension application which
does pretty much what the Ximian Evolution Calendar does, only it is
less likely to fill your screen with error messages and generally bug
out like Ximian Evolution has a tendency to do. This is the Mozilla
Calendar project homepage:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/index.html

The Mozilla Calendar is based on iCal, which is an open and free
calendar format standard that is also used by Ximian Evolution and Apple
iCal. I _almost_ got this to work with MultiSync, just by putting the
Mozilla Calendar .ics file in the spot where Ximian Evolution normally
puts its calendar file (in ~/evolution/local/Calendar/calendar.ics), and
telling MultiSync to synchronize it using the evolution plugin. Almost.
I gave up after a few sporadic synchronization successes intersparsed
with series of abject faliures. But I think that it would be an easy
tweak for someone with the right skills (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) to
extend the evolution plugin to include support for Mozilla Calendar .ics
files. The Mozilla Calendar guys say that their program is fully
compatible with Apple iPods, so if this could be implemented it could
improve the usability of MultiSync significantly. On the other hand, the
Mozilla Calendar guys also say that their program does not yet sync with
Palm Pilots, so I'm sure they would be more than happy to get some
collaboration with MultiSync going. An added benefit is (if you guys can
pull this off, that is) that I could finally throw that bug-ridden
catastrophe Ximian Evolution straight in the garbage can, right where it
belongs.

Any comments on that, anybody?
/Joel Hedlund
IFM Bioinformatics
Linköping University, Sweden

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: SourceForge.net Broadband Sign-up now for SourceForge Broadband and get the fastest 6.0/768 connection for only $19.95/mo for the first 3 months! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id%62&alloc_ida84&op=click _______________________________________________ Multisync-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/multisync-devel