Hi Stewart,

On Nov 04, 04 22:24:26 +1100, Stewart Heitmann wrote:
> Stefan,
> I really cant remember the exact details of the code right now,
> so I cant say exactly whats going wrong.
> I do believe you that someting is not working properly,
> and there probably is a bug in the KDE plugin. Beyond that,
> I cant really say anything without looking further into it.
> I vaguely recall that when adding a new item to KDE addressbook
> you pass it a NULL UID and it returns a unique UID for the new item.
> That is probably the bit of code you are looking at.

Ok, that might help me for further investigating.

[...]
> > Well, I removed the plugin, I removed the .multisync-directory and in both
> > cases I had the same experiences :(
>
> Did you check the clocks on both your devices?

They are synchron, but the clocks should not be the problem, since I
started with a completely empty KDE addressbook - which should have been
filled afterwards.
Interesting: Multiply synching of mobile phone and KDE addressbook results
in the same entry existing multiple times in the addressbook.

> > Yes, but since it's not working with the irmc-bluetooth-plugin and mobile
> > phone, I can't blame evo2 :) But I will try the backup-plugin.
>
> Yes, try the backup plugin. Its a good test bed because you can look at the
> backup Vcards directly.

Yes, started doing so. You might have already received the patch I created
after first testing with the backup-plugin. Deleting entries is broken in
kdepim-plugin. The patch fixes this.

[...]
> I dont expect you to debug the source code, but if you can reliably
> repeat the problem (so I can repeat it myself) then that is very valuable.

Luckily I have enough notebooks to set up new scenerios again and again, so
trying reproducing is no problem :)

        ciao,
          Stefan

--