Moin,

as mentioned in another thread I currently try to find out why my
cell phone can't synchronice with KDE Addressbook.
Well, during that effort I noticed that all syncs depend on the
'UID'-field. Syncing from cell phone with IRMC results in vcards with
X-IRMC-UID, but as far as i could see no UID.
I think most plugins have the same functionality: Every plugin creates its
own UID-entry (or not, as in the case of irmc).
So two different entries on two sources might get the same UID, is that
correct?
And on the other hand, the same two entries on two different sources will
get synced, because they have different UIDs, or?

Was there a reason not to create the UID with a 'central' function?
I admit, I didn't look at all plugins, so this might only affect a few
plugins, but creating a UID by one function in the main-program if no UID
is available  migth be a good idea. Any comments?

        ciao,
          Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert