Hi Paula,

My soft synth is a programming language (interpreted or compiled) used to
route audio and control signals between C++ modules.  (See
http://moselle-synth.com for details.)

It is currently a stand-alone PC application, while I develop the language
and modules.

Naturally my goal is to turn it into a plug-in usable by a DAW.

I've also talked with a hardware developer about building a DSP-based
hardware solution, mainly for lower latency and higher polyphony.  But it
seems like that's also a pretty good way to go bankrupt.

While on the PC, I've used a thread-pool to increase voice output
calculation, increasing polyphony.  However I'm only using that for actual
voice production, not for calculating wavetables.

So in summary: no, FPGA is probably out of the immediate plans, but your
suggestion of parallelization could certainly help and I've noted that on
my to-do list.  Thanks!