On 2/22/12 5:29 PM, Adam Puckett wrote:
Is jSyn dependent on any other Java libraries?

No. JSyn works with just the standard JDK. There are no dependencies except that JSyn uses JavaSound for audio output. JavaSound is available on Windows, Mac and Linux but not on Android.

There is a single JSyn jar file, jsyn-beta-16.4.6.jar, that can be downloaded from here:

<http://www.softsynth.com/jsyn/developers/download.php>

Just add that JAR file to your Java CLASSPATH. You can then build JSyn apps using a text editor and the JDK command line tools, or Eclipse.

A programmers guide is here:

<http://www.softsynth.com/jsyn/docs/usersguide.php>

A list of the most important unit generators are here:

<http://www.softsynth.com/jsyn/docs/unitlist.php>

I have found that Java code runs slightly slower than native 'C'. It's about 80% as fast. But I can program much faster in Java than 'C' and my time is more important than the computer's time.

Enjoy,
Phil Burk