Thanks for the correction, I hope you guys weren't too disappointed by the
music demo video, indeed the corrected links are the ones I intended to give.

Hi Scott!

The complicated subject of a Silicon Compiler in the sense of C to a working
co-routine in FPGA is what interests me, and I'd not do much with FPGAs unless
I had to if it weren't for that possibility. It's quite possible to outcompute,
not just out-logic (so to speak) a modern full blown desktop processor like the
I7
with such a humble, few watts chip with FPGA. And then there's clever use of
logic
on top of that, and if you'd want to take a look at for instance a cloud node
like
the well known AWS f1 compute there's also the possibility to have huge FPGA
connected memory and say a hundred times more power for use with a C compiler.

My point is that the path actually works in practice, and with a $99,- board
(the Parallella) and free vivado (or vitis) tools. The power achievable with
that
is possible to use for normal C functions, it's quite advanced. Just like with
C,
a system programmer may get way more mileage out of knowing how to write an
efficient
DSP procedure for a certain architecture. And even more with FPGA logic: it's
quite interesting to see what parallel/pipelining constructions can be made
to work with the correct factoring.

Theo V.