The H3000 is a legendary piece of gear.  I've worked with the two main
designers of it and they both live in the same town in Vermont that I do.  I
did not get to work on that product line when I joined Eventide in late 1991.

>From a simple and effective user-interface POV, it's also quite well designed
>for it's vintage (1989, i think).

But the TMS320 is not what made the H3000 great.  It became great in spite of
the lack of greatness in the 16-bit TI DSP chip.  In fact, the H3000 has
*three* TMS320 chips in it and to get the box to do great things, they had to
divide up very difficult complex programming among the 3 DSPs and do some
synchronized parallel processing where they were passing data between the chips
and timing their instructions to do that.

In today's world, I don't see it as a good idea to use the TMS320 for any
synth/effects at all.  What do you have?  An old dev board?

--

r b-j                  r...@audioimagination.com